Tuesday, August 12, 2008

How-do Friends!

As you can see, my yo-yo obsession reached its culmination. Pretty cute, huh? I'm not sure if I will sell it or keep it. It sure makes me happy every time I see it. Look at this next photo- all kinds of things to love in one spot!
I got my new pillow, my crazy cat who thinks he is a baby and a new dolly-in-the-works! She will go into the shop very soon.
Speaking of new dolls, after I finish the little cutie above, I need to make a Raggedy Ann! Yes, I must! The amazing Martha of JelliesJamsDolls has just finished a new batch and they are SO cute! Her Raggedy Anns are less about "decor" and more like the character of Johnny Gruelle's illustrations. Here is one of her newest dolls:
See what I mean? Doesn't she look just like she is on a real adventure? She and her sister are listed on ebay here, if you are interested. I would bid if I could afford one, but I know they will go pretty high-as they should! Really wonderful artistry in these dollies.


I've been pretty busy this week getting the boys ready for school. I just can't believe my babies are getting so big! My baby, Max, is starting junior high! His dad took him and Eric out for some school shopping and when they got home they were sporting their first piercings!
Can you see it? Eric got one too. It sure is a tiny little earring...I guess I could live with it. Especially when he looks so adorable. Look at those eyelashes! Lordy, I am so jealous! Eric's earring is invisible as his eyes. That boy needs a haircut! E's been teaching him how to use his bow and arrow which he left here because, well in an apartment there is no shooting range! Anyway, Eric has really taken to it. Check out how close all his arrows are to each other:

It's interesting that E is spending more time now with the boys than he ever did when he lived here! Apparently he has a new appreciation for family life. And for me too, I guess. Not really sure how I feel about that. Well, no, I do know. I don't care for it. And yet, I'm weak enough to be flattered by the attention. *sigh* As Scarlett said, "Fiddle-dee-dee!" Oh, wait, I meant, "I'll think about that tomorrow." Today, I have both jobs to work and a Raggedy Ann to make!

Hugs to all!

4 comments:

Martha said...

Love your pillow!
Your son is so cute, you must be proud.
Thanks for putting my Annie on your blog! Good luck with your RA doll making!
Hugs, Martha

Biscuitbear said...

I see what you mean, I'm not very fond of RA dolls usually but hers are adorable, can't wait to see yours! By the way, I gave you a creative blogger award! Check out my blog for more.

Mary Elise said...

Love your yoyo pillow!

And Martha's dolls!

I did Raggedy Ann's years ago. They are such fun to do.

Need to get back in there with the doll making.I have one cloth doll from the 50's I just refurbished. I've picked out her clothes and fabrics, just gotta put them together.

You guys inspire me!

Mary Elise

Anonymous said...

Hia Bettsi, we have a Dougal from The Magic Roundabout too. I'm hoping it's just a stage...still.

My friend noticed a similar phenomenon with her then separated ex. She viewed it that at last he was trying to be a parent, which could only be a good thing for the children, unless he started trying to be "Good-time Daddy".

If you made a list of all the things your ideal man would have to be, then be realistic and see how many of them your ex would be capable of, it might help with the flattery.

It is nice to have lots of nice things in one place. I'd love my home to be the sort of place where you glance around and things look beautiful, instead of tripping over shoes left lying around.

Hugs from your hopelessly disorganised and hecticly catching up with everything friend.